Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Screenshots... w?

Granted, I've only spent about ten minutes searching the app store and Google, but the verdict seems to be clear: you can't take screenshots on the phone without rooting the device.  There's a workaround where you connect the phone to your PC via USB and then perform a series of complicated steps to take shots and save them to your PC.


What the #$%& is up with that?  It's a little annoying to write a blog about a phone without screenshots of the phone.  I'm not ready to root the phone quite yet (I've only had it two days!) and my USB cable is at work, so I appear to be screwed.


There are hundreds of screenshot apps for WinMo, which require no special action other than downloading and installing one, so I'd be set in less than a minute.  iPhone includes the ability to capture screenshots natively, which is really smart - helps users spread the knowledge.


Can't understand why Google made this all but impossible.  Boggles my mind.  Oh well.  No screenshots for now, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment