Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Oh... two mail apps, I get it now

When you set up the Incredible, you're taken through a process where you set up an initial email account.  Afterwards, I opened up the app labeled "Mail" and set up more accounts, but was confused that I didn't see the initial account that I had set up.  But I was getting notifications for that account.

Turns out there are two mail apps included with the Incredible.  The first, the default "Gmail" app included with Android, was the one I was taken through during setup.  The second is HTC's "Mail" app.

Both apps have their strengths, which is unfortunate since I can't seem to pick which one I want to use - they each do things the other doesn't.  I'm going to experiment with setting up my accounts in both and using both to manage my mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment