Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Glitchy SD card access?

Could be something in the way the Mac handles USB mounts - I know I'm supposed to unmount the phone drive before disconnecting it from the computer, but after several days of disconnecting the phone frequently from my PC (Windows 7) with no consequences, the contents of the card disappeared on the third disconnect from my Mac.

Weird thing is that, while the drive was empty according to the file manager I installed on the phone as well as the default Photos and Music apps, the contents showed up fine in the Finder when I reconnected it. After backing up the stuff I wanted to the Mac, I tried multiple times to get the contents to show up on the phone itself. Finally I tried taking a picture and that did the trick - the new photo showed up along with all the old photos, as well as the music and videos as well.

So we're good now, but I'll be unmounting the phone from the Mac before disconnecting from now on.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.9

No comments:

Post a Comment